Did anyone see that woman on Dr.Phil today. The womans mother was raising her kids because she was on drugs?

If you did see it, what did you think? I was so mad personally. How could she do this to her kids. I cant imagine having a addiction, and I know she is going through a lot...but I personally cant imagine how a mothers love and instinct doesnt take over. I have gone through some really hard things (not drugs, but severe depression) and I got help, and did it all for my kids! I never would leave them. I understand some people are stronger than others, but I feel like a mothers love is like no other. I feel so sorry for kids that were born to mothers that dont have the "motherly instinct". I cant imagine anything not making me want to be better for my kids. Also, if you watched the show today...she was such a selfish witch to her mother! Her mother was raising her three kids that were not asked to be here. She was so rude to her, and didnt even seem like she was trying at all for those kids. I understand some set backs, but to be completely ignoring them because your that selfish. I dont know. I dont mean to offend anyone if you ever had a drug problem, thats not my intention...I just dont understand how a mother cant take control, or seek help if not for herself but for their kids. So selfish.

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 12:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have it dvr'd but havent watched it yet...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Today was just warming up. I guess tomorrow she starts in on Dr.Phil. She seems pretty selfish, no sorry extremely selfish.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• u see that alot on tv and it's discusting ... i dont understand how alot of the mothers just let it roll or stay calm... and on and on... very sad. i quit everything when i concieved and nothing changed since then...
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 12:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I just look at it like...your drugs are more important? You will do anything to get those drugs, but wont put even half that effort in to seeing the kids you brought in to this world. There is so many places you can get help now a days. No matter what, no matter how high you are...if you love your kids, you at least try. And if it doesnt work, try try again.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 12:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I watched Dr.Phil off the DVR... and it was the "Dr. Phil Family"... honestly the man should have walked away from these people a long time ago! First of all she does need to sober up, but the mother is no saint herself... suprised her husband doesn't drink just to drwn her out..... Hahahaah

Personally I couldn't imagine doing that to my kids!!! I remember being paranoid if I smelled someone else smoking a cigarrette outside, much less what I took in... I am still a basket case with them and they were already born!!!! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes the mother isnt a saint...but I cant imagine how she must feel taking care of three kids so young. Then her daughter just talks so much crap to her, no respect what so ever. I dont care, you better bow down and kiss your mothers feet for raising the kids you choose to have. She should however stop hounding her daughter, but thats what mothers do...and this isnt a normal situation.
    bellamommyof4

Comment by bellamommyof4 (original poster) at 1:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• This happens more often than you think. Grandparents are raising their grandchildren because their children have fall pray to addiction which is a disease. There is no instinct that kicks in when you are addicted, you are just worried about your next fix. And it is worse when BOTH parents are addicted. You may love your child, but that fix is always more important.

We've seen this 1st hand with my husband's baby sister, the ass that supposedly produced her youngest two children, and my inlaws. They have offered to pay for inpatient rehab, but my SIL will not go without her dumbass husband (he's the one that got her addicted) and they will only pay for her. So my inlaws have gone to court and are now primary caregivers to my SIL's 3 children....one 9 yr old with severe ADHD, a 3 yr old and an almost 2 yr old. They are in the mid 60s and should be enjoying their prime retirement years.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2011