Does anyone else have severe panic attacks? Does it come and go, are you on meds? How would you describe them. Im so sick of being scared that I am having a heart attack.only in the night =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• There was a time when I had severe panic attacks in public, around people, had to get on XANAX and it worked wonders. Since then I have learned how to "walk through" my anxiety and have stopped taking the Xanax and know what will trigger an attack so I then take VALERION ROOT and EVENING OF PRIMROSE , both are sold with the vitamens and in every store and do just as well as the Xanax
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've had them but not in a very long time. They were usually triggered by something, even something as simple as a thought, even if whatever fear I had that was making me panic was unrealistic. I always described it as a wave of fear taking over, kind of like the feeling you get when you realize you forgot something very important, only 1000 times worse. I'd stop breathing and feel like the walls were caving in and I just needed to get out but couldn't get far enough. Then I'd hyperventilate and get very nauseous and/or actually vomit and sometimes would be inconsolable. It can be very intense. I'd get panic attacks like that at 11 years old and after years was finally put on medication and it helped, but it'd make me very sick if I missed even 1 dose so I stopped taking it. I haven't had a severe panic attack since and hope I never do. I do notice that they are more likely to trigger up again the more stressed I get.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• How do these two products work. And how much do they cost. Are they natural, and safe?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i am so sorry you feel this way a year ago when i quit drinking i started having sevre anxiety and panic attacks...i went to my pcp and and she put me on something that did not help at all....i suggest making a appointment with a psychiatrist asap they put me on zoloft for everyday and ativan for when i feel like i am going to have an attack....counseling is also great...being able to vent to a nuetral party is great...i didnt go anywhere for months because of the fear of having an attack...my psych diagnosed me with agoraphobia look it up http://www.mentalhelp.net/poc/view_index.php?idx=search&cx=partner-pub-7562235119508254%3A2ljsh7fisof&cof=FORID%3A11&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=agoraphopia&sa=Search#1270 good luck momma and send me a friends request if you need someome to talk to
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 12:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I only get them at night for some reason. about a hour or two in to my sleep I will wake up with a racing heart beat, and it pumps so hard...i keep the phone in my hand and get ready to call 911 every time. I am so scared one day I could really be having a heart attack and I will not know it. I start shaking, and cant breath. I feel like Im going to die every freaking time. I am so sick of it. I worry every night that its going to happen, and when I think about it...it happens! I am on meds, and they help some what. When i am having one, I take a clonipin..and it helps after about fifteen minutes. But this sucks really bad.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thank you so much SUHWEETNESS...it helps to know others are out there. I feel like I am loosing my mind. I wouldnt wish this on my worst enemy!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• np anon....i suggest you ask your doctor about ativan it helps really quickly and doesnt make you feel loopy or anything u my need something other then the colonipin like zoloft or wellbutrin etc talk to your dr hun and try talking to a psychologist...speaking of which i am planning on going to the doctor really soon to see if i have fibraymaligia like my mother because i hurt all the time and this could cause depression and anxiety
    suhweetness

Answer by suhweetness at 1:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I am on lamictal, and Luvox. Depression meds. Plus the klonopin. Probably spelled that all wrong lol. But these three are the only things that have worked some what for me. I lost my health insurance last month, and had to abruptly stop the meds, and I have never gone through such a horrific time like I did last month. I would wake up shaking so bad, teeth shattering, night sweats, the floor feeling like it was coming up at me, dizzy, omg...I felt like I was coming off some hard core drugs or something. I guess these meds can help when you need them for something as serious as panic disorder...but they are horrible to come off of!!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• OH yes....I am back on them...thank god!!
    Anonymous

• Suhweetness suggestion to go to the mentalhelp website is excellent, I myself had recommanded it many times, but its for the most part, its entirely for imfomational purposes, no real ideas on how to work and cope thru the attack. . Heres another that focuses entirely on anxiety/panic disorders and how to cope and how to work thru it.
    http://www.helpguide.org/mental/anxiety_types
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2011