Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need legal help

need help getting baby back from aunt

Answer Question

Asked by vikk1234 at 1:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • so whats the problem? need more info!!!!

    Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:14 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

  • what's wrong? I relinquished to my aunt. it's extremely hard if you've already signed the forms. let me know more info

    Answer by lillie023 at 2:16 AM on Jul. 8, 2008

  • Did you sign over full custody or just power of attorney? Did you give up your parental rights? The first two can be changed by contacting the attorney who did the paperwork. If you didn't have an attorney handle it then you might be able to claim invalidity of the procedure. You might even try calling and adoption agency and ask what to do. They have legal counselors there who can tell you if what you did was valid in your state. You might be able to just go get your child and go home without going to court.

    Answer by admckenzie at 2:19 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.