Cervix

how do i check my cervix? im gonna be honest when i had my IUD and had to check the strings monthly i couldnt feel them so DH did it for me. will it be hard to tell what im searching for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Get the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility.

It will tell you everything you need to know about charting cervial mucus, cervical position and BBT.

To check your cervix you just insert two fingers into the vaginal opening. If your cervix is low you may not have to insert your fingers very far. If it's high you may have trouble reaching it.

If your cervix is HIGH, OPEN, and SOFT you are fertile. If it's LOW, FIRM, and CLOSED you are not fertile. The cervix can be at an inbetween stage where it is medium in firmness, medium in openess and medium in highness. Mine usually does then when I'm getting ready to be in my fertile phase.

You will notice your own pattern quickly and charting will become second nature to you.

You can input your data and chart for FREE at www.fertilityfriend.com

I REPEAT...GET THE BOOK ***TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FERTILITY***
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes you can check yourself, it is recommended. :-)
    But there is a lot more to it~ I recommend you start with some info from a site or book.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• doulala

• I track my cervical mucus by seeing what is on the outside (Creighton Method) and I don't actually "find the cervix." I think if I had to find my cervix I would need a TomTom or something to guide me, lol.

angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What are you trying to check for?
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• well i herd you can check your cervix for olvulation? is that true? Im pretty new at TTC this time around.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It's actually EXTREMELY easy to find your cervix angelm523

I check mine because the cervical mucus that comes to the vaginal opening isn't very clear for me.
    Anonymous

• angelm523 im right there with you! think i will try the book thanks ladies for the help...wish me luck. I have short fingers hope that doesnt hurt trying to find my way :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011