Varicose veins...TMI adult content

anyone had/has vulvar varicose veins during a pregnancy? i have them with this pregnancy, it's my 3rd, and i've never had them before. they are really uncomfortable and the doc says that there isn't really much you can do about them, does anyone have any relief tips to treat these? i also have the varicose veins on the back of my leg, they hurt too, but i can't seem to find any relief for either. HELP please! i'm only 21 weeks, so i still have a long ways to go, i really hate the idea of having to suffer through the whole rest of my pregnancy with no relief! also, is it ok to have sex while you have vulvar varicose veins? i'm afraid it will be really uncomfortable. thanks for the help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I know what you mean,happened to me and it was something that freaked me out! but the doctor assured me it would be o.k. It was the pressure of the baby.
    The same veins that are varicose in your legs are connected to the vulva. You can put a ice pack on it for relief, get off your feet and try to rest. As far as sex goes what ever is comfortable for you and your partner. Take it easy!
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 2:50 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• I have never heard of having those anywhere other than the legs. Did your dr say how they got there? Sorry I don't know what else to suggest to you other than Google it.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it happens just like regular varicose veins, extra blood in the body, the baby weight and pressure...i've tried to google it, and have tried a few things i found, but nothing works yet. i've been doing epsom salt baths, but it only helps for about an hour. the only other thing i can find is to try to keep the swollen veins elevated, which is really hard, considering where they are and i have a 10month old that i chase around all day!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• hugs

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Support hose help loads for me. Also see if you can get an anti inflammatory drug.. not to sure what you can take while pregnant.
    Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 3:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Um cause you want something like a support hose in that area.. try panty hose? You poor thing I couldn't imagine not wanting to have sex.. then the fear of it hurting. hugs

Punkslilncs

Answer by Punkslilncs at 3:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2011