after you give birth

how did you guys feel after you gave birth like problems weight feelings how long did they all last?

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 1:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you mean how long did it take to loose weight? I gained 50 pounds while I was pregnant. You loose a lot during delivery (obviously). After about three months, I had lost all the weight plus about 5 pounds. I breastfed exclusively. I know that is the reason why I lost the weight so quickly. I am not in the same shape I was in before I was pregnant but I am the same weight. Its hard to find time to exercise!

Did you mean if I had baby blues? A little. I think it was a combination of stress and sleepiness. Mostly.

Don't worry. Its difficult at first but you will find your way.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Im not sure I understand your question. aRE YOU ASKING HOW LONG IT TOOK TO LOSE THE WEIGHT?
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• first of all after u had ur baby when u stand up it hurts like a b****... when u go pee it burns so bad u just wanna die.. i would go in the shower n pee standing it would hurt less.. you feel all bloated it sucks but it worth it...i had these problems close to like a month its hard because your still in pain and you have to get up so often to feed your baby even holding the baby hurts..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• im asking like what did you feel and what hurt and things and yeah like how long did it take you i have only gained i think 20 pounds or some where around there and the doctors were telling me i was gaining too much weight.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:29 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• anon 11:27 - I am so sorry to hear about your problems.

I think I was really lucky! About two hours after I had DD, my husband took her to the nursery and I kicked everybody out. I took the best shower of my life. It felt so good and, for the first time in 40 weeks, I was ALONE!!! I was a little tender in the days following delivery. But I was still go shopping, take short walks, and cruise around. Not like normal. But in short stints.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 1:31 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I tore pretty badly so I was al swollen. And yes, when I peed I thought I was gonna die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Your vagina hurts and I'm being serious. You will walk funky for a little while, especially if you tear and are stitched up. Your whole pregnancy you are supposed to gain 25-35 pounds depending on your original weight. I'm still working on my baby weight. My oldest if 4 and youngest is 1. And yes I did breastfeed and no it did not help. I also have a really hard time losing weight as it is though.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 1:36 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I tore too, sitting down and standing up was extremely painful. I didn't have problems going pee though they gave me this squirt bottle to squirt water down there while you pee to stop most of the burning. My stomach would also hurt really bad to at times and the doctors said it was from my uterus shrinking back to normal size. For me walking really sucked cuz it would start to hurt so bad. It was very difficult to find a comfortable spot when sitting or laying down too. And you bleed alot for like the first three days than it's light bleeding for up to three weeks, at least for me it was.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i weighed 127 when i went to my regular doctor when i found out that i was pregnant then they have me at my ob doctor at 124 before i was pregnant.and what hurt when you walked is it your vagina?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:44 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Yeah and my back hurt a little too but mostly my vagina I just wanted so badly to sit down even though that hurt too. That's why you should make sure you get everything you need before the baby comes but my husband came home to see the birth and he needed stuff (he's in the military and now I'm finally with him!). I suggest to take lots of warm baths when you can cuz it helps you heal and it feels good, ice packs also help.
    MamaslilAngels2

Answer by MamaslilAngels2 at 1:49 AM on Nov. 17, 2008