How do I get my husband to show he cares? adult content

I am 22 weeks pregnant have already been in the hospital twice I am high risk but husband just takes a laid back approach to everything. When they tell him I am not to be on my feet but either sitting or laying he just shrugs then asks me why I can't get our son's juice cause he is cooking. UGH when we are at the doctors he sits there and reads.. his response is well I am at the visits aren't I, but he seldom listens to what the doctor says. It drives me crazy. He says he is happy and excited about the baby, but I am not seeing it at all. He gets mad that he has to help me and do more house work cause I am on bed rest then kinda berates me cause I am on bed rest then shrugs off everything he says and expects "cuddle time" when we go to bed. Am I being hormonal or do I have a right to be upset.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 3:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• It might be just his way of coping with the situation. Men don't always handle things well. He may act distant on the outside but it might just be a way he is hiding his worry. Plus it is probably hard on him to have to take up the slack while you are on bed rest. I'd give him a break and let things slide more during this difficult time. Tell him how you feel but also try to understand that even though this is happening to you, it is happening to him too.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 7:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That would piss me off and make me very hurt if my DH did that. It may not seem real to him? Some guys don't seem to care until the baby is born. Sit down with him and really talk to him about everything. Don't place blame. It will just put his back up from the start.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 3:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I think you are been hormonal but its ok you are prego but give him a little break because if he really did not care he would not even go to the docs appointment, he might not even understand what the doctor say and if the house does not look like a chicken coop there are some stuff that can wait while you cuddle with him, be worried when he does not want to cuddle at all.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 3:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Also, let him know that this is really serious. Both the baby's and your life are at risk.
    ShanAtoZ

Answer by ShanAtoZ at 3:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I know he loves me at times he can be very loving and caring but when it comes to the baby and this pregnancy he just seems distant. More concerned with hoping online and checking for messages than if I am okay.. Just drives me crazy is all.
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 4:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Next time you go to the dr, make sure he listens. Have the dr explain to him how serious it is.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My husband was like this the first pregnancy and I think its fairly common but this is your second child? Was he like this with your first?
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Bed rest isn't what it's cracked up to be.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/ct-met-bed-rest-20110129,0,6131409.story

So he may have a point afterall. 

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Be happy he can even go to the appointments. IMO you are just being hormonal and are overreacting.
    notjstasocermom

Answer by notjstasocermom at 1:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That would definitely piss me off too. tell him to step up or step out
    lil_momma1991

Answer by lil_momma1991 at 5:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2011