getting an epideral

what did you experiance with an epideral?

mckowntasha

Asked by mckowntasha at 1:20 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I was so thankfull for my epidural. I did not want to get one, but thank goodness I did.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• No more painful contractions! Once you get it though, you have to stay in bed and probably get a catheter to drain your bladder. For both births, I dilated pretty fast after getting the epidural. I would highly recommend to anyone to get it!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:23 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My back still hurts from my epideral and it was 6 months ago!
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Bliss. I'd get pregnant again just for the drugs ;) (If I didn't hate being pregnant so much) With my first I broke down 10 or 12 hours into my labor and slept through the rest until it was time to deliver. With my second, I was awake but it was really hard to stay awake and I felt wonderful. You will, however, feel when it's time to push.
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 1:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• they missed 3 times and then got it i felt great at the time but now i have back pain still 5 years later im not gonna do it again id be afraid of them messing up and soemthing serious happing
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• oh yeah...learn your muscles before you give birth. Having an epidural made it hard to push but thankfully, I know my body pretty well that I could push without feeling.
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 1:24 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• how did you feel after you gave birth?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 1:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I felt great after birth. They turn it off right when the baby comes out, and nothing really hurt. In fact I didn't take any pain meds they gave me.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 1:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I am glad I had one! It really helped with the contractions. It gave me a chance to relaz and rest before I had to push. The only thing it didn't help with was the pressure when I was pushing. It was like this extreme and VERY uncomfortable (but not really painful) pressure on the colon. That was the worst part of after the epidural. All I took for pain afterwards was Ibuprofen. The only reason I took that was because I had to have quite a few stitches.
    cristie1276

Answer by cristie1276 at 2:19 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I had a spinal for my c-section. It is a smaller needle than an epidural, but the same concept. Intially it sent me into shock, but when stablized I did not feel a thing. I was getting worried because the nurses kept askin gif I could feel my legs/feet during recovery, and I couldn't. I thought I wasn't going to walk. But I got feeling back rather quickly. When the meds wore off... OMG. I would rather have had natural childbirth than drugs.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008