Was childbirth what you expected?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No. All three times it was different too. LOL But it is hard to imagine how it will go until your doing it.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 11:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• more or less. alot more pain but still in awe over the miracle.
    Micky423

Answer by Micky423 at 5:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i was hoping to be a little more comfortable since i got the spinal tap but my son was sitting wrong so it had no effect at all till he was almost out. i wasne even the first person who held him. they doc went to hand me him and i said no im to numb. i couldnt feel anything at the moment..my best friend was there with me and she said i was really out of it. i was in so much pain i started punching the bed.
    shellychivell

Answer by shellychivell at 5:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Are you talking about labor? ARE YOU KIDDING??? It was insanely painful. My mom and my sister and one of my best friends all made it sound so easy...then I get my labor, and the pain was so intense I was vomiting and couldn't think straight...I wanted the doc to vacuum out my baby to get him out quicker. It was the WORST PAIN I've ever experienced...but in the 1 minute afterwards, as soon as I saw him, touched him held him...it was WAAAAY worth it. It was worth every second. That part was the most blessed part of my life.
    ladymomtraveler

Answer by ladymomtraveler at 6:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it was a whole lot more painful that i had thought [hoped?]it was too painful.....
    2ndtimemom605

Answer by 2ndtimemom605 at 6:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It wasn't as painful as I was expecting. Definitely doable.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It went really quick when labor began....so all in all it went better than expected. :)
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it was actually less painful than i imagined, with my first anyway. she was my only vaginal delivery. granted i was in labor for 22 hours but that was mostly dilating, mild contractions and i got the EPI as soon as i hit 4 cm. believe it or not she was born only 5 hours after i got the epi, and i think i pushed 3 times LOL. it was an awesome experience.. once i wished for a thousand times when i had two following c-sections with my 2nd and 3rd daughters.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:22 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It was a lot more painful than I expected. I read and asked questions and thought I had it all figured out. But my first delievery was complicated due to the fact that he was occiput posterior and stuck badly so I had quite a bad tear when I finally delivered him. My second was a lot better.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• the first time no. I thought it was going to be a breeze but it was so difficult. the last two was better because I knew what to expect
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011