I'm 6 weeks pregnant so the doctor says and there is a fetus on the u/s

They did two transvaginal ultrasounds one couldn't see enough so they sent me to the hospital the u/s is showing a fetus but is not detecting a heart beat and my hcg levels are not rising well is it possible my baby is still ok?

Manda8186

Asked by Manda8186 at 6:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• thats possile, 6 weeks is still really too early to see anything, the fetus is too small, did they not even see a sac? if not thats ok, docotrs coulnd't see mine till i was atleast 12-14 weeks along
    Cadens_Momma

Answer by Cadens_Momma at 7:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• With a vaginal ultrasound, they should be able to see a flicker or at least tell if there is blood movement in the fetus. I lost a baby at 8 weeks and I could see my heartbeat moving the blood but with the baby, there was no activity. I am sorry.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'm not sure but you are in my thoughts and I hope that the baby is okay. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• hate to say this but if they can't detect a heart beat or see anything you problem lost the baby reason I say this is cause with me they couldn't detect heart beat and turned out I had lost the baby.....sorry
    Joey07

Answer by Joey07 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 8, 2011