Im getting tired of getting blamed for other people's mistakes! *VENT* adult content

last night i got this extremely rude notice from the security guard in my apartment complex. it was a 3 day notice from the landlord, stating that rent was due february 1st, they demand payment or the property will be re-posessed, and to "PLEASE GOVERN YOURSELF ACCORDINGLY!" just like that in all caps with an exclamation point.

well, the thing that irritates me is I GOVERNED MYSELF JUST FINE! i infact wrote a check on the 2nd and turned it into their outside rent drop box that very same day. they give us a 3 days grace around here so i had til the morning of the 3rd. i was really offended at that very nasty & rude notice seeing as how im the one who turned my rent in on time & am now being blamed for being late and not "governing myself accordingly" when infact they need to check the f!#*ing rentbox before they send people nasty notices like this!

and the cherry on top of everything is they didnt even cash January's rent yet! ive called the office so many times trying to figure out whats going on with the payment and they just keep telling me they received it. but yet it has not cleared through my account. THAT check was turned in on time too!

I CANT WAIT TO MOVE OUT IN APRIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok.. im done now. thanks for listening :)

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 7:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Is there a way to hand over the check to an actual person? If not, then I would start doing money orders that way you have proof and you don't have to wait for it to clear. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would have taken it directly to them. And technically if it's due on the 1st, you were late even if they do give a grace period.

It makes me wonder if you have been late before or if they are just tired of everyone waiting until the end of the grace period.

If it's not that, then Good luck on the move! Maybe they will be better landlords.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You have a right to be upset that was the wrong way to handle that situation maybe you can find somebody higher up to speak to or leave a complaint with but as long as you keep your proof of payment you are good just in case you have to take them to court so just keep your receipts to cover yourself and I'm sorry you have to deal with assholes
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• im never late on my payments, if they give a grace period youre still fine as long as you make it within the three days. what if the first is a sunday when theyre closed, you either wait til the second to do it in person or take it to the outside dropbox on the first. and the reason i didnt take it in was my kids were in the car, so i parked right in front of it and dropped it in real quick. they shouldnt have one if they arent going to check it and then blame theyre tenants for being late. and i have the duplicate copy of the check in my checkbook, but im afraid all that proves is i wrote the check on the 2nd. maybe if they have outside cameras they can re-play the 2nd and watch me put it in.
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 8:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011