He wants my nursery set!!!!!

Me and my ex moved in together shortly after finding out I was pregnant. We bought funiture together, however I did pay for more of it, including a nursery set for the baby (I was 7 months pregnant). When I was 8 months pregnant, I found out he was cheating on my and I told him he needed to move out. I bought about 75% of the funiture so I told him he could take 25%. All he wanted was the tv (which was very expensive, and that was about his share since my parents bought the bedroom set and the couch and kitchen tabel were second hand) so I said fine and we called it even. Now, 9 years later, I have my dd and he has been in and out of her life. I am married with 2 other children and we plan on having more. The other day, my ex called and said his new wife is pregnant (he doesn't have any other children other then my dd) and that since he had helped pay for the nusery set he wanted me to give it to him. I said that I was the one who kept it nice and used it for all this time and since he already got to take his share from the apartment, I wasnt going to give it to him. He got mad and called me a selfish bitch. Am I wrong for wanting to keep the nursery set that I had babies in?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Not at all hun, keep it let him buy his own.

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, you're not wrong. It's yours to keep or give as you choose. He has no claim to it.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 7:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No, it has sentimental value, you might want to pass it down to your grandchildren, when you have them. Like you said, you paid for most of it, he has already got what he put into it, as far as I'm concerned you are even.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 7:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Nope you arent and I gotta ask myself, why does the new wife want your set? I would think she would want something she chose and something new? You should tell him to go get bent. You dont owe him anything.

Answer by gemgem at 7:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree. He has no claim to it. He took his share. It's your nursery set, not his.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 7:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Nope, it's too late for him to negotiate for it anyway.

If he has a wife and can get her pregnant, he can look for baby furniture on sale.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• He has no right to it; you are not obligated in any way to give it to him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It was way out of line for him to ask...It was also selfish and self-centered of him to ask....also, it doesn't even sound like he's asking, he's demanding and that is even worse....and how dare he disrespect you and call you a name like that....don't doubt yourself just because he's an ass.....don't give him that kind of power over how you feel about yourself...shame on him...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• By nursery set do you mean crib and changing table, etc.
    It is yours. He tried and it did not work.
    It is yours to keep for your children and grandchildren or give away as you choose.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 8:13 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You are right. Who asks for furniture 9 years later anyways??
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 8:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011