Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Anyone know of free counseling?

i just quit my job at the end of january to be a SAHM to my twin dd. their daddy works 40 hrs/week so i can do this. i'm bipolar and his family pisses me off to no end. so do a lot of other people. oh, and i've been unmedicated since the night i found out i was pregnant (4-28-10) i'm doing really good at handling my mood swings and i've kept pretty stable but it's the anger that's killing me. the grace period for my insurance ends the month you i had like 5 days and didn't know. i was expecting like a month but thats ok. anyway i REALLY need some help working through my anger and don't know what to turn. i've talked to my SO and told him how much i hate his family and he doesn't get mad, he really tried to understand me and help me. but it's not enough. i think i need professional help. we are moving to a bigger apt for our girls in april and its $80 more per month. he's the only one working so we cannot afford for me to pay the doctor bill i don't think.

anyone have any ideas?

Answer Question

Asked by twinsmom12110 at 7:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

Level 4 (29 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • You can call social services they usually have a dept of mental health that goes by a sliding scale.

    Answer by gemgem at 7:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • Many churches offer free counseling and the help you get there is wonderful. Larger churches would be your best shot, although even some of the smaller ones now have trained counselors on staff.

    Answer by NannyB. at 7:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • You can try social services.....also look in the self-help section for books on anger management, bipolar disorder, etc....get a yoga video, and also try meditation...

    Answer by Anna92464 at 8:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

  • All of the above are good answers! Also you could probably call your old doctor and ask for recommendations. I know that those types of doctors often network really well so that they know who to refer clients to. It's also possible to ask the old doctor if he/she would accept you on a reduced fee, sliding scale, or something like that.

    Take care of yourself!

    Answer by angelm523 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.