My daughter is sick ! adult content

my daughter has been very sick and i took her to the e.r bt all they said was she needed cough syrup but i think its deeper than that she is vometing coughing sneezing and her glans are swoal i thought maybe its the flu but i honestly dnt no she is only 21/2 and im thinkin about taking her back to the e.r

mykids44

Asked by mykids44 at 8:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Take her back and have someone else see her.

Answer by older at 8:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Is she getting worse? Is she running a high fever? Have you tried the cough syrup? Also some vicks on her feet with socks on...lots of liquids, etc....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Is she running a fever? Since her her glands are swollen, she probably has an infection of some kind, viral or bacterial. If you are really concerned that's she is sicker than they think she is, then take her to someone different. I would trust your instincts, better to be safe than sorry.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:16 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Take her back to the ER. It could be the flu. Unless the doctor did a flu screening you wouldnt know. My dd turned 6 today and she has the flu, so do I, my grandkids, and oldest dd and oldest son. Its pretty bad and sounds like what you are describing.

Answer by gemgem at 8:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It sounds like the flu. Take her to the doctor or urgent care. The flu is a virus, a nasty one, but aside from Tamiflu and anti fever meds there is nothing that can be done with medication.

Give her some honey and lemon for her coughing (a friend swears by honey and onion, but I haven't tried it yet.) Also put Vicks (or generic vapor rub) on the bottoms of her feet and cover with socks. It's helping my son, who just had the flu to not cough so much.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 8:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If it where my kid I would not risk exposing them to more infections by taking them to the er. for a cough, steamy showers and vapor rub. For a fever, lots of liquids. I don't lower fevers because a fever is the immune systems way of fighting off the infection. Coughing till she vomits may not be fun, but if she vomits she is more likely to get the phlegm out of her throat.

Tamiflu has very serious side effects, and really there is nothing they can do for flu or colds other then advise you how to treat the symptoms at home.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thnx to all you guys every half an hour i am giving her juice and yes i did the vicks thing she says it makes her feel a little better and as soon as her dad gets off work im taking her back 2 the e.r 4 a flu scan
    mykids44

Comment by mykids44 (original poster) at 4:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It sounds like a cold w/ sore throat. Vomitting caused by coffing and mucus in her chest. I wouldn't take her back to the er in cold weather. just keep her home and have your husband pick up some pedialite on his way home. DO NOT GIVE HER NONEY. She is still too young for that. You can give her some benedryl to help with the symptoms and to sleep. (just half a tsp. for her body wieght) If she's small. Vicks is great and putting it on her feet is a great answer. If it were the flu she wouldn't be drinking juice or wanting anything at all.
    tornadotwinsx2

Answer by tornadotwinsx2 at 7:03 PM on Feb. 11, 2011

• * it turns out it was the flu a mild case and they ust recommend her staying at home
    mykids44

Comment by mykids44 (original poster) at 12:47 PM on Feb. 12, 2011