Dinosaur theme?

We are having a dinosaur birthday party. So I need ideas for dinosaur food and dinosaur craft activities. For 3 year olds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Pin the tail on the dinosaur and a dinosaur pinata would be fun....I don't have any ideas for crafts, but then I don't like crafts....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• well i always told my son that brocolli was tree stars from the land before time movie..lol you could have tree stars with some ranch dip as an appitizer
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Dinosaur cookie cutters for the food, Styrofoam eggs do decorate (dino eggs), And the two idea that Anna gave
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My youngest son was really into dinosaurs, and we did a dinosaur party.

Make a dinosaur dig in your backyard, or in a sandbox. Use plastic dinosaurs, and cover them in plaster of paris, then bury them in the sand or dirt. Give the kids small tool kits with little shovels and "picks", and soft paint brushes. Then, they can go on an excavation, dig for the dinsoaurs, pick off the plaster, and brush off the dust. You can also buy dinosaur dig kits, but they can be expensive if you have lots of guests.

If it's warm enough pack their lunches as if they are going on an excavation. If not, you could have them eat lunch while watching the movie "The Land Before Time" I don't know if you can find plastic helmets that look like Pith Helmets, you can try. My sons birthday is the week before Halloween, so I got lucky and found something pretty close.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Oh, if you don't want to do the dinosaur dig, use plastic Easter eggs, and put plastic dinosaurs in them, hide them around the yard or house for the kids to find.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i made a huge cake< like a large cookie sheet, then made a smal round volcano iced them with :grass" and "lava" and used tiny plastic dinos on it.. it was adorable!
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:11 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• dino cake pan- with dino cupckaes-
    dino grab bags- with mini dinos in it and perhaps an inexspensive paint bursh for dusting fossile, u can make do it yourself fossiles with the kids and plaster and they can take them home .*google home made fossiles* they make dino eggs candy.
    maybe a magnifiner .
    game of scavanger hunt-
    and find the dino- a special gold dino hidden someplace.
    maybe get everyone lil safari looking hats to wear on there "exspiditions"
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011