Trying to take my 15 month olds night time bottle

I took his bottle from him during the day now me and my fiance are having a disagreement about the night time bottle. He was getting it with milk but I want to take it away completely and my fiance wants to give it to him with water. Any thoughts.

excitedmommy22

Asked by excitedmommy22 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If anything give him water....NEVER send a child to be with milk. Look up "baby bottle decay" please. Our babies never go to bed with a bottle but we do give them a passy if they want one.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 8:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What RentaMom said.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Agree with rentamom~! instead of a bottle we give our kids a sippy cup with 75%water and a splash of juice!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• He won't take a sippy cup during the night I have tried.
    excitedmommy22

Comment by excitedmommy22 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Give your little one a bottle with water only... take the bottle size down ... then don't offer it unless he asks ... change your night time schedule around a little so you can redirect him from needing the security of the bottle... when we adopted our 3 year old daughter... she had to have all her teeth removed and dentures put in at the age of 4 - due to bottle rot... don't give anything in the bottle but water if you give a bottle....
    BlessingsBegin

Answer by BlessingsBegin at 9:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i agree with blessingsbegin!!!
    momoftwinkies09

Answer by momoftwinkies09 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would first try and have him do quiet time at the kitchen table with his bottle of milk right before bed then eventually switch the bottle out for a sippy cup. I would try and stop the bottle in bed asap. Does he have another "lovey" he can take to bed?
    Kristen1010

Answer by Kristen1010 at 2:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011