Is anyone disappointed about how the cast of Twilight movie don't look as beautiful as they sound in the book?

I was expecting that they's look as good or if not better than the girl off of Underworld. I know it's hard finding good actors and actresses but I was a little disapointed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say...I think Tom Cruise is ugly but some people think he's gorgeous. problem with books to movie is, you have a idea in your head how the characters look & so you have an expectation and usually you are let down when you see some one else vision of what the characters should look like.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think that we each put together the characters in our own minds as we read. In Kiss the Girls, I did not picture Alex Cross as a black man. I don't recall reading it. But after, reading more books I pictured him as Morgan Freeman. That is part of why reading opens the imagination.

Teachermom01

Answer by Teachermom01 at 7:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm pretty happy with the cast. I can't really look at Robert Pattinson (Edward) without thinking of him as Cedric Diggory, but maybe I'll get over it in the movie.

Alice and Emmett look EXACTLY how I had them pictures, and Rosalie is close.

I COULD NOT have picked a more perfect Bella.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:27 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i am with dustermommy. i think they did a pretty good job. but he will always be cedric to me. i can't wait to see the movie.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 12:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I think that every reader of every piece of fiction brings to mind whatever their idealized version of "handsome" or "beautiful" is while they are reading. There is no way to cast that...they would literally have needed 25 million actors; one for every book that's been sold to every individual.

While Pattinson isn't textbook pretty in terms of a flawless face or whatever, I think he's one of the sexiest men I've ever seen. It's not just the visual, it's his carriage, demeanor, personal style AND the physical look of him. When I first saw the cast list? ABSOLUTELY, I said to myself "Hmm...not what I had in mind." But the more I've seen him, watched intervies and now seen the film, I think he's wonderful in the role. He was very "pretty" in the film, but generally a lot scruffier in his day to day life..it works for him. I'm happy with him as Edward, and glad they've signed him to the remaining films.
    Quadmom2005

Answer by Quadmom2005 at 8:33 PM on Nov. 26, 2008

• just with jasper and rosalie- they did not seem to fit the oober gorgeous way they are described in the books.
    Anonymous

• Edward and Bella are PERFECT and the chemistry was amazing. ALTHOUGH! WHen I saw the trailer I thought UGH! Bella is so PLAIN! But she did a wonderful job acting and Robert could not have been more sexy or mesmerizing! Everyone was JUST HOW I PICTURED THEM except Laurent I wanted OLIVIER MARTINEZ!!! Jasper NO NO NO! I pictures him taller, blonder, more NORDIC and strikingly handsome! Carlisle I was VERY DISAPPOINTED Jenny Garth's husband with bleached blond hair and WAY TOO OLD!!! NO NO NO! EVERYONE ELSE WAS PERFECT! Alice! Emmet! Rosalie! Esme! Victoria! James! WOW! James! EXCELLENT BAD GUY!
    Snowgembabygirl

Answer by Snowgembabygirl at 10:42 PM on May. 23, 2009