Baby has first time cough. quick question?

My 7 month old has developed a dry cough.. what can I do for her..? should I call the doctor? and if so can they really do anything for it?

staciepi

Asked by staciepi at 9:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I wouldn't be concerned at this point. She could have some drainage and be coughing from that. My son usually has a dry cough and it is because of drainage down the back of his throat. Gross. Anyway, I just usually watch my kids for other symptoms, make sure they get plenty of fluids and rest!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 9:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• As long as it doesn't sound frightening and she doesn't have much of a fever, I would just keep her home and try to get lots of liquid into her. Just keep her comfortable. It will pass soon. A humidifier at night seems to help my kids (All three are coughing today).
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 9:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• no fever, no wet cough, no drainage....no biggie =)
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My ped always associates a dry cough with allergies. I don't know what age you can start but my kids were prescribed Claritin for it. Talk to your dr before giving anything. In the mean time, use a humidifier in the baby's room at night.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 8, 2011