Carpel tunnel?

i woke this morning and my left writst is swollen, half numb, and my ring is digging into my finger and it hurts. i can't get it off. i was gonna go to the rugent csre, is it worth it/ anything they can do? i got carpel tunnel when iwas pregnant with my son 5 yrs ago, it kinda went away, just had my second baby in nov, and now this.
i can't pick up my 9 week old! my 5 yr old had put her in her bouncer this morning. lol.
changing a diaper is something to charge admission to watch. what can i do?
i only think its carpel tunnel b/c i didn't do anything to it. i didn't fall, hit it, ect.

mama2bof2

Asked by mama2bof2 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• I would have it looked at. Sorry you are hurting.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:07 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have it and wear a support on my wrist it helps out a lot and keeps my pain and swelling down. but Id get it checked just to make sure!!
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 9:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Sounds like you slept on it, or with it bent all night. Can you ice and elevate it to get the swelling down? If not, they might have to cut your ring off. Feel better!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:15 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i thought of sleeping on it wrong, but im on the couch, have been since having the baby, and last night she was on the couch with me, so i slept in the same position. and my hand and my arm was extended. kwim? b/c her head was resting on my arm.
    i might just cut my ring off. i really don't want to, but its not the kind that flat underneath, its like hollow.
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Do you have a wrist brace from when you had carpel tunnel? It would add stability. Did you try icing it. That should be your first move. If the swelling doesn't go down at all by tomorrow I'd call the Drs office
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• never had a brace, but im going to buy one
    mama2bof2

Comment by mama2bof2 (original poster) at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011