Early 2000's minivan mommas...

Which make/model do you have... and would you recommend it??

I'm finally going to give in and realize the extra space is worth it with three lil boys. I dont want payments, so the early 2000 models is what I'm looking at........ hear that everyone likes the Odyssey, that it lasts and yet I hear that it has major transmission issues (some say they have replaced it two and three times!)... then there is the Caravan or the Town and Country. I dont mind the looks of any of them, obviously its not about that at this point..... but I wanted anyone to share there experiences please! Thank you!

Sweet_Hart478

Asked by Sweet_Hart478 at 9:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Travel

• I had a 2000 Toyota Sienna. Loved that van. It got me to and from California from Denver 3 times and a couple of other major road trips as well. Even did well when I bottomed out on a wash in Utah. I traded it in for another Sienna, which I love even more - leather seats and a sun roof.

I've heard good things about the Odessey in general. My Honda began having troubles around 50K miles and nickel and dimed me from then until I sold it 4 years after that.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We have a 2002 Old Silouette mini and love it! We got it used in 06 with 50000 on it and it now has 111000 on it and we have never had an issue withit at all still going strong and with 3 kids of my own we LOVE the space! GL
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 9:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My Aunt loves her Odyssey.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:12 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I know you said 2000s, but i just sold my 1997 Mercury Villager. I was wary when I bought it because they quality a lot of times isn't there, but they have a Toyota engine in them - and it definitely has Toyota quality without the Toyota pricetag. It had almost 200K miles on it and wouldn't have sold it except we need something bigger - getting a Ford Expedition.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Bump!

Sweet_Hart478

Comment by Sweet_Hart478 (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I WANT ONE..
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 3:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2011