HELP! My 2 year old wont sleep in his own bed anymore!

My son is 27 months old and has been sleeping in his own bed since he was 2 weeks old. Hes never had a problem with it, in fact he preferred it that way. Hes been putting himself to sleep since he was 8 months and has done great but him and I just got back from a week at my sisters house where he had to sleep in the bed with me and now he thinks thats where he is supposed to go to sleep. My husband and put him to bed last night and for a hour and a half dealt with him getting out of bed every 2 minutes and coming in our room. I finally let him sleep with me bc I was so exhausted but I DO NOT want this to become a habit for him. what do I do??? Please help me!!!!

beckerswife1429

Asked by beckerswife1429 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This habit will not last long, bear with it and enjoy cuddling with him before you know it he won't want anything to do with you.

Answer by older at 9:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I used to would be like "You need to make ur kids...blah, blah....." but I can't resist them now. I wouldn't encourage it but I wouldn't panic over it either.
    RentaMom

Answer by RentaMom at 9:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• During the day when he is awake explain to him that he’ll be sleeping in his bed because that is his bed. And physically take over to your bed and explain this is mommy and daddy’s bed not for you. Reinforce that throughout the day and if he takes a nap do the same. Find a stuffed animal so he feels safe hugging to when he sleeps. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yes it can become a habit and fast! it took 2 weeks for my 2 year old to get the habit of sleeping with me! and now its been 4 months and hes still waking at night yelling for me..

i lock their bedroom doors, i can get in but they cant get out. i go check on them every 15 mins if they are crying and more often if its like omg im hurt help me screams of course. that lasted a week and every night less and less time was spent. now when he wakes i go to him tell him im here for him give him a drink, turn on a movie if he asks and cover him up and leave
    2boysmommy.js

Answer by 2boysmommy.js at 10:05 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter got sick when she was 6 months and has been in my bed ever since. She's 20 monthe old now. She will take naps in her bed but at night she cries and wakes up. I need help too!!! So if you find any advice that works, let me know lol
    kelly92088

Answer by kelly92088 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011