Rolling over

My son will be 5 months tomorrow. He used to roll over all the time. Now, he barely does it. He only rolls on his right side. When he's on his belly he is just too content and tries to scoot. Should I be worried?

SapphireMomma

Asked by SapphireMomma at 9:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not at all. my daughter did the same thing. a few weeks later she was crawling! lol. anyway, he may have gotten bored with rolling over and found out that he can try somehting new from his belly. you just might have an early crawler!
    teastin14

Answer by teastin14 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Oh no! He's too little lol! His pedi was a little worried at his 4 month that he doesn't like to roll on his left side. I've tried to get him to roll, but it just won't happen.
    SapphireMomma

Comment by SapphireMomma (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My daughter learned to roll early on but wasnt that interested in it, she would just lay or sit in one place. She just started crawling a few days ago, at 7 months old
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• every baby is different my daughter is 6 months and pretty much just rolls to her side. She was rolling over both ways like a pro at 2 months :( when she turned 5 1/2 months she was CRAWLING :(((( She is just a little over 6 months know and is EVERYWHERE and into EVERYTHING, it's not time for her to do that yet lol moving way to fast for mommy...my son was 7 months when he crawled and 9 months when he walked and he HATED rolling over lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not at all, your little guy is just learning to control his body in different ways and will probably go back to rolling and the scooting will eventually lead to crawling.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My son rolled over for the first time at 5 months, then spent the next 3 months doing his best not to roll over (it was actually quite amusing to watch). He's 3.5 years now and running around like any other normal little boy. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011