Do you ever get this?

Yesterday I went to get some groceries & my kids were getting a little fussy & some seriously creepy looking guy comes up to me & sais " you want me to take them home with me? I'll take them of your hands...but I don't think they will like it" with this little smile like it was funny. What who the hell are you?!!! Then he starts waving at them telling them to come on. My kids know not to talk to strangers If they are saying something like that but i was shocked at what people have the nerve to say knowing the perverts in this world. Yeah it got kinda ugly.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Asked by iluvmykidsxoxo at 9:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• oh ok. man that's still so creepy. it reminds me of when we had a big family get together at some fancy restaurant. & the head chef came to greet us to see if we liked the food. he seemed really friendly.. talking about how adorable my cousin's kids are & how he has a few of his own, and he picked one of them up. we were all... laughing.. but nervously.. and on our guards. like "really? you're just gonna pick up someone elses kid?" i took a picture of him in action (his face/just in case). he even walked around the table with him for a little bit (the kid was like 7) then he brought him back.

idk the moral to that is...

beware of friendly people too.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 2:54 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Well, maybe it was a little strange, but I'm betting he was just trying to be funny. Perhaps his personality is just a little awkward so it didn't come off as humorous as he intended.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That sounds horrible. The guy was probably just trying to scare the kids into behaving though. I remember my mom always telling us to behave because people were watching and they might take me away. I remembered this ytdy when my DD2 was fussing and I pointed at the lady behind me and said, look, she's watching you, you'd better behave!.
    Of course, I would never say something like that to another parent, It's just creepy, no matter how good his intentions might've been.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• he just thought he was being silly.
    a real felon isn't going to announce themselves to you.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I know how that is, OP. There are definitely some unusual folks out there, lol. I would have just shrugged it off, smiled politely, then do my best to get away from him without being obviously rude. I always try to avoid confrontations with strangers, for many reasons.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I do not take things like that lightly. My kids are not allowed to talk to anyone they don't know unless I talk to them first. I grew up in a small town and never thought twice about people talking to my kids untill we went to visit a friend of mine in a city. We were at the mall and I had my friend's infant and my toddler in my double stroller while my 4 year old walked with us. My DD was standing by the handle of the stroller while I was lifting my DS seat up, he had just woke up. I was disiplining my DD while fixing the seat and this lady walked up to DD and leaned over and whispered in her ear. I pretty much knew what the lady said, so I stood up and stared at her (she was still standing by my DD). I asked DD what the lady said and she was scared to tell me. She finally confirmed the lady asked DD if she wanted to go home with her.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 9:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Children are kidnapped every day so it is a big concern for parents. I do understand your point. I think that this experience has made you more aware of your surroundings.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• vicesix LOLYeah i tried to overlook it at first but i was just getting some weird vibes of the guy.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 9:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• never had that happen to me
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• febmom007 & I hope it doesn't. AKWARD!!!

iluvmykidsxoxo

Comment by iluvmykidsxoxo (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2011