Shoe store employement

I googled it but I want real answers from ones who work there.
I am thinking of working as a manager at a shoe store, though I have no idea if I would be on my feet a lot, I am guessing I would be. It is a small store, not like a Payless. Real answers from real people, please. I get a lot of "dumb" ones, like "oh smelly feet". Come on, we are mature out there. Thanks, pros and cons. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Money & Work

• I worked as an Assistant Manager at the Shoe Dept. for about a year. I loved it! Yeah, you are on your feet, and your knees and your butt, but it really is fun. When restocking and rearranging, it's really easier than any other retail, because you are dealing with straight boxes. It's a lot easier to rearrange and reset boxed shoes than an entire clothing dept! LOL! We also did display boxes, windows, purses displays, etc. I absolutely have to say it was my favorite retail job so far! I can only remember one time having to get down on the floor to help an older person actually put some shoes on their smelly feet... LOL! Trust me, most people fend for themselves!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:58 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• honestly if its a retail store your going to be spending a lot of time on your feet manager or not...most small companys expect thier managers to acutal work in the store no just run the staff
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I worked in the shoe department at Belks before. There was a lot of standing, moving, stocking, etc. We were not allowed to sit down. However, if you are applying for a manager's position, I would say that you would be more in the office a good bit, but I would also expect to be on your feet alot.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011