Can you get your hair colored the first trimester?

I have a hair appt. today that I have had for 7 weeks, before I know I was pregnant. I have read so many different things. I am 9 weeks along right now. Is it safe??????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• according to the What to Expect When Expecting book its ok.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 9:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I, personally, wouldn't do it. But I know my best friend did it and her babies are fine!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes it's fine. I'm a hairdresser with four kids...I sure didn't go without, and so did hundreds of others that I've worked with. And they are around it all day as well. It'll be fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had the same concerns as you.Yes it is fine.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 10:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What you do to your hair will not hurt the baby. The only thing you should be warned about is the color may not be what you wanted it to be. The hormones running through your body may do crazy things to chemicals. I've never seen it first hand but they have always warned me about it.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 10:10 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I colored my hair during my pregnancy. Just make sure you are in a well ventilated area...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Most studies state it is perfectly alright as long as you aren't breathing too much in... air flow... but for me personally, I refused because chemicals are chemicals and I wasn't going to risk it if they are wrong
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There was a time we painted with lead based paint... now we know it is bad!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My doctor told me it was fine. I got my hair colored when I was pregnant with both kids.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011