Yeast infection on his head?

My baby got a yeast infection on his head..what the heck? lol
aww...poor baby :(
Have you ever heard of such a thing? Weird.
I'm thinking it happened because the back of his head became extremely dry and was peeling and he was scratching at it so I put vaseline on it to try to help it out...then maybe bacteria just began growing there because of the moisture? idk...
The doctor gave me a cream to put on it for 10 days.

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 10:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We can have a yeast infection anywhere on the body. As a matter of fact, one of the high schools, where I grew up, had to cancel some of their wrestling matches because the team member were coming down with yeast infections on various parts of their bodies. Musicmom80 is correct about it being fungal.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 10:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yeast is fungal not bacterial. It probably came from another part of the body. It can spread. Don't be suprised if it shows up somewhere else.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ~*Cradle Cap*~...

I learned from my aunt that is in her 70s to use the Neutrogena bar soap, is clear/amber in color, meant for acne but clears up craddle cap

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/acne/acne+cleansers/facial+cleansing+bar+for+ack-̃prone+skin.do?sortby=bestSellers&page=2
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:21 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• R u sure it wasn't cradle cap?
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my little girl had yeast all over her tummy, and her diaper area at different times.. it happens :( at least they can treat it... she also got RING WORM on her shoulder... I wanted to crawl under a rock I was sooo mortified but he told me it happens... BUT STILL.. lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 10:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I thought it was cradle cap too! But I took him to the doctor and he took out a black light to look at his head and saw yeast was growing there! :(
    kimberlyinberea

Comment by kimberlyinberea (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2011