Life jackets

Alright. My DD2 has an awesome infant life jacket that is US Coast Guard approved, but it's only good til 30 lbs and she's 29 lbs.
Therefore, I need a new one before this spring.
All the 30-50 lbs life jackets I have found are similar, except 1. Most don't have the flap on the back that would make her turn right side up if she fell in the water. I know this was very important when she was an infant. She doesn't know how to swim yet, but I'm hoping I can take her to lessons soon. Does the jacket need that flap for her age? Any recommendations/somments/suggestions?

Dalimonster

Asked by Dalimonster at 10:30 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Shopping

• The flap on the back for infants is because they cannot or have a hard time holding their heads up, where as at the age your daughter is, the neck muscles are stronger and their 1st instinct is to get the head out of water. Or this is what our friendly Coast Guard inspector told us.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:51 AM on Feb. 8, 2011