Have you ever gone on a blind date that was a FLOP? EXPLAIN?

avilio54

Asked by avilio54 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• I can think of a couple. The same friend who set me up on a very blind date with the man who is now my husband was endlessly setting me up on disaster blind dates!!! Actually, I had told her to stop it, and she ignored me and introduced me to my husband. Anyway, the worst one was this guy showing up about an hour and 20 minutes late with a stained Pantera shirt on (big marijuana leaf on the front, and I am NOT a fan of drugs or those who glorify them, period). He didn't even say hi or introduce himself. He was all, "So, dude, you ready to take off or what?" I didn't have anything else to do, so I thought it might be amusing just to tag along and have a story to tell. We were walking to his car and he was like, "J was right. You're fairly exotic looking." Okay? So we go to The Library, which was actually a brewery, bar and grill. He consumed about 6 beers and scarfed a basket of fried mushrooms while I nursed a Coca-Cola.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:46 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I also had some soup. He asked if I was going to take my clothes off and let him touch me and I walked home after making sure the bartender called him a cab.
    misses_nick

• I don't know if this counts as a "blind date" but I met a guy from the internet (several actually on eharmony and all but this one were nice). This guy was really obnoxious - he asked me all sorts of inappropriate questions (really graphic stuff I can't even type here) and made me so uncomfortable I actually excused myself to leave but it took about 20 minutes to get away from the weirdo.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• A mutual friend set us up. I had to drive because his car was out of gas. This guy was wearing a "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" t-shirt and had decorative swords on all the walls and action figures on every flat surface. We went to Dave&Buster's where he proceeded to run around like an 8-year-old playing video games and not talking to me, then he got angry when the Dance Dance Revolution game was broken, then he got MORE angry at the manager when the manager told him to stop kicking the machine. After we ate, he looked me up and down and said "So, am I gonna get laid tonight or what?" I told him that it was going to be "what", then I left his ass there and went home. I told the mutual friend that she owed me 4 hours of my life back.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:00 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• yes i was 16, i guess my cousin forgot that lol set me up with her husband 26 year old friend. he was nice to me but number 1 was in the middle of a divorce , the age , and had a little boy. we both agreed it would not work. wish i would of remembered that when i married my first hubby.
    WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 3:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011