Can you think of a teacher that has inspired you to go forward to fulfill your dream?

avilio54

Asked by avilio54 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in

• Many, actually.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No. But I can think of my parents.
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 10:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had several teachers that were like that but, as MMXI indicated, my parents would have to be at the top of the list! One of those teachers is actually still in touch with allot of her old students on facebook. She's like a modern day saint!
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 10:40 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Several. My 5th grade teacher is now the principal of the middle school my son went to and she greatly encouraged me. She cheered me on when I made Dean's List and encouraged me to go on when I was struggling. Same with another of my elementary teachers that I see often. One of my college instructors has encouraged me to go on for my BSW and MSW and become a drug and alcohol counselor for teens and adolescents. She is wonderful!!!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ~*Yes*~ and since I went to public school they were few and far between!!! Wasn't until I took a dare and ended up in a continuation school that i found the one teacher that gave public schools a redeeming value... he taught my art class and math, and he took his entire class in one year from basic math (I was up to geometry) to pre-calc!!!

Most teachers end up stuck in the profession, or abuse having a union, that those few great teachers fall in line with lumping them with the ones that should have chosen a different profession?!?! Hahaha
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I LOVE YOUR ANSWER!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• a few
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:06 AM on Feb. 14, 2011