What's with all the flirting? Does anyone have boundaries anymore?

If you are married or with someone and have a child with them, why is it ok to flirt? Flirting sends a signal that you are attracted or interested in another person. Why in the world would you want to send off that signal if you are with someone? Is that respectful? Would it be okay for them to do it too?
Why is it so important to do so? I guess I just don't get it.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*HELL NO*~... I do not flirt, I make it perfectly clear I am married, and keep from creating any confussion!!! I think those that flirt are just in need of attention? IDK... personally I think it is tacky and speaks volumes of the level of respect they have for their partners???
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've been with my husband so long I'm not sure I'd even realize somebody was flirting with me.
    This weekend I caught some chick trying to catch my husband's eye. My sweetie didn't even notice but I pointed it out and we had a giggle over it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:50 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I dont think I flirt. I am nice to people though regardless of their gender.

Answer by gemgem at 11:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I don't flirt now that I'm married, but I did when I was single - and enjoyed it! But I do think if you're married, then flirting sends out signals that you are available when you're not.

Answer by missanc at 11:20 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• We don't flirt! It irks me senseless when other women flirt with my husband, and I'm standing right there! I can't imagine how they act when I'm not standing right there. However, my husband is astoundingly turned on when other men flirt with me and I treat them no differently than I treat everyone else I interact with whom I don't know well, with general politeness. He can't keep his hands off of me once we're in the car or home when we've been somewhere and a man flirts with me openly. It embarrasses the crap out of me that certain men do this....actually, I wonder if it's the blushing and shyness that turns my husband on...Hmmm...gonna have to ask him about that.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i have always been a person that sends signals of not available
    and i do not do this intentionally, it is quite unintentional
    i am single and still sending this vibe out there
    when i was in twenties and quite single, when i was interested the person knew it, otherwise i did not send out signals
    maybe some people are touchy feelie, or even flirtie, but i am not one of those

wish i was now, as i am single, and would like some male company that leads to real descent relationship, but not there yet
    i guess, not thinking in mind set of single AND available
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:17 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It depends on what you consider flirting. People seem to think if you are even talking to a member of the opposite sex and are smiling or laughing that you are flirting
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I'ts not ok at all! You have to find the right balance of friendly and flirting. Some people seem to think that's the same thing, but it's not. I had a boyfriend that his friendly was my definition of flirting. He's an ex now. Lol
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 12:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it depends on your definition of flirting. is it a simple gesture like a touch on the shoulder, giving a compliment, body language?
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is nothing wrong with flirting, it's when it crosses the line into cheating that is the problem. When I am in a relationship, I am not dead. I can still flirt. I am a flirty person by nature. I am very nice to people. I don't cross the line, EVER. You can look but don't touch.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2011