How do you manage taking care of twins when your on crutches and your husbnd works graveshift and sleeps all day!!!

momoftwinkies09

Asked by momoftwinkies09 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With much difficulty.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:54 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Valium and prayer???
    lol
    thats a tough one..
    day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute..and if all else fails, call up your mama and beg her to come help you!!
    Good Luck honey..heal soon!!
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• unrushed. calmly and slowly.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Little steps at a time, will will get you through this but it is not easy, I feel for you, hang in there!

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• im in nh and my momma is in texas and thanks guys
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• See if your husband can help you set up a game box for the living room with coloring activities and stuff. Try cooking meals when they are sleeping and put them in the fridge or freezer so when they are up you can nuke and go.
    Sorry to hear you are going through that. It is my buggest fear. My twins are a bit older though I think since you put this under toddlers. If you need a mommy that knows about twins and a SO on the night shift feel free to write.
    Alanaplus3

Answer by Alanaplus3 at 11:04 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thank you they are 16 mths old and i will try that
    momoftwinkies09

Comment by momoftwinkies09 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... my 3 and 5 year olds are 18months apart, and we call them the twins anddress them alike... Hahaha

First of all, take a deep breath, step back and relax, and ask yourself if it is something worth getting onto them about. I do this all the time, like when I was sick, I was cranky because I was sick, and I had to remind myself... are they hurting themselves, hurting others, and is it truly as bad as I find it frustrating? I can clean up when I am better
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I feel for you, I was on crutches for several weeks when my boys were 2 and 4, it was crazy. My husband worked 2nd shift, and he had a 90 mile commute each way, so he wasn't home much.

My husband bought a few new movies for the kids, and I borrowed some from friends. We did some easy meals, every day before he left for work, he'd put a new pile of movies, and story books by our bed, and he would trade out toys from their room into a bucket we were keeping in our room. For the most part, I just tried to keep them contained in my bedroom. They would climb in our bed with me and read or watch movies, and play on the floor with their toys, but I will admit it was pretty challenging.

Good Luck....hope you heal quickly!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2011