Bottle weaning

So my 11 month old is doing great on the whole weaning thing, but I just worry he is not drinking enough out of the cup. He eats three meals a day, plenty of fruits and veggies, and drinks a little juice or milk out of the cup. I know the bottle just gave him security but I'm worried about his fluid intake. It has only been two day with absolutely no bottle but will the drinking from the cup increase? He has gotten cup since around 8 months old. He sleeps all night and doesntbtake the cup before bedtime like he used to take an 8oz bottle. Is this normal? I just don't want dehydration or anything to happen.

ashley_2187

Asked by ashley_2187 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Has his number of wet diapers decreased?
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:56 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Not that I have noticed, but I will keep better track of that (I'm going to school so my dh is watching him quite a bit)
    ashley_2187

Comment by ashley_2187 (original poster) at 10:59 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If he's peeing and pooping, he's doing just fine
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Taking away the bottle should increase his intake of solids and he should be using the cup with meals and snacks. The cup should not simply replace the bottle.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yeah that's what I was wondering. I knew he was used to the extra fluids at night so I didn't know if the fluids during meals were enough
    ashley_2187

Comment by ashley_2187 (original poster) at 1:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2011