Should I Seek Help for Hemmorhoids? adult content

I'm 23 years old have 2 children, 1 and 3. I never had hemmorhoids before my kids. After my 3 yr. old daughter was born I started getting them. Ever since they have been really bothering me. 8 times out of 10, if I go to the bathroom, I bleed enough to turn the whole toilet red, having to flush twice sometimes. The intense pain is all internal, and not much on the outside. I asked my doctor about it at my yearly exam, and she said its normal. I don't think she realized the extent or how long this has been occuring for. I keep telling myself its normal too, but lately its getting to the point where I have to lay down after I go because the pressure standing up is overwhelming. I have tried using the witch hazel wipes and suppositories, and stool softeners and it seems to aggrivate it. Polyps run in my family. My mom suffers from hemmorhoids too. Does anyone else have this issue and were told it's normal, or do you think I should ask another doctor? What seems to help? Thanks for any input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• I would definitely see a doctor, but I'd also add a quality probiotic supplement to my diet and some honest-to-goodness WHOLE fiber-rich foods too!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:06 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• What you're going through is NOT normal. I have multiple 'roids myself, and I go through nothing like that - you have something going on internally and could just get worse if it goes untreated. Go see a doc ASAP - don't downplay what goes on, tell him/her everything you just put here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Feb. 8, 2011