What should my 7 month old be eating?

She doesnt crawl yet. She can sit up by herself, and is just learning how to get up on her hands and knees, but Im not quite sure what it is that will tell me when she is ready for certain foods?

Her diet as of now consists of mostly formula, and I feed her solids once or twice a day, (level 1) she has green beans, peas, carrots, peaches, bananas, sweet potatoes, and mixed veggies. Does that sound right? Or should she be eating more?

Sherrae

Asked by Sherrae at 2:02 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds good to me! If you are worried ask her doctor.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 2:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• That sounds just about where my 6 month old is, but I also give her stage 2 foods (there really isn't much difference, but there is a lot more variety! And there is a lot more "mixtures" so make sure she has had one of everything before giving the mixture to check for allergies).
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Your baby should be on Stage 2 foods now. This is all super confusing and I looked it up b/c I was wondering how long my son stays on Stage 1 foods. My son is 4 months and I just started him on Stage 1's.

This might help you....hope it does.

http://pediatrics.about.com/od/weeklyquestion/a/04_baby_food.htm
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Sounds fine to me. You just follow her cues. At 7 mos, my son wasn't on ANY solids yet.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:09 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My youngest turned 8 months today..She eats everything, mostly stage 2 foods, we have slowly been introducing meats (stage 2), her doctor said to try around 8-9 months. It took us awhile to get her up to 3 stage 2 meals a day, we let her tell us if she was ready are not. Every baby develops differently, so don't feel presured to make her eat more then she can handle, babies usually don't over eat. If you think she isn't getting enough food, try moving to stage 2 and see if she can eat a whole thing at one sitting, then you will know if she is ready for more solid food. Like above follow her cues. But it sounds like she is doing very well eating.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 8:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Every kid is different. My youngest, at 7 months, was mostly eating formula and finger foods (we rarely did baby food with her and if we did it was stage 2 or 3). Then at 7 1/2 months she started self feeding and the rest was history. By 8 1/2 months she was doing formula and all table food...whatever we were eating as long as it was soft.
    I'd be adding some finger foods in to her diet (cheerios and Gerber puffs) to see how she does.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:18 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree with justanotherjen. I have an 11 month old and she was eating table food at 9 months. She didnt eat any baby food after about 7 months and I could never get her to eat the baby cereal even from the start. Some babies do better than others at first, but just start slow, give real soft almost dissolvable foods that the gums will easily mash. Good luck!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Everyone is diff, ...thats right..

but...she can eat taters.....and noodles etc etc...she can eat what ever you eat...just not like how you eat..

stay away from hotdogs...little peices of corn etc...

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 10:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2008