How long is this flu lasting?

So this year my entire family caught the flu. We had a bday party Saturday for my dd who turned 6 and I am pretty sure we caught it at the venue for the party since everyone who went has the flu. Its a nasty flu too.
Has anyone else had to deal with it this year? If so how long has it lasted? My dd (bday is today poor thing) has been sick since Saturday. We just started her on Tamiflu and I was wondering how much longer this nasty bug will be around?

Asked by gemgem at 11:14 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My family and I are on day 10! And the Tamiflu did nothing!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:18 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• ugh thanks! I just dont want her to feel bad and also dont need the school on my case.

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• the school shouldn't be on your case. It's not like you can send her to school with the flu. The Flu runs 10-14 days, some longer, some shorter
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• They were nice on the phone about it today. In our area they are being really strict with attendance. This is where the little girl Zahra Baker was killed at and her parents kept her home all the time and they were abusing her. I guess because they dropped the ball with her they are trying to make up by giving legitimately sick kids and their parents a hard time. Thanks for your answer!

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2011