Today is my Due Date - UGH!

So Today is my Due Date. The night before last I was having lower back cramps and had a horrible aching back. Then later I started having sparatic stomach cramps. I was soo uncomfortable that no matter what position I was in I just couldn't relax. However, that was the end of that once I ended up falling asleep. (Which seemed to take forever) Yesterday and today .. Nothing. BOO!

However, I am not only here to complain (That's right, I admit I'm complaining. Ha!) but as well to ask your experiences. I am specifically looking for Dr. confirmation (yours) on specifically vaginal pain related to dilation and efacement. What have you experienced, what did your doctor say towards it, and how many CM's were you (if you know) when they checked you after inquiring?

Of course you're welcome to share any other late pregnancy story you have as well.

JazzlikeMraz

Asked by JazzlikeMraz at 11:22 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• With my second baby I had severe twinges of pain in my cervix and I started having giant contractions around 34 weeks. But I would only have one or two at a time. At 35 weeks I was 2cm dilated and 4 cm at 36 weeks. I went in for an induction at 39 weeks and was pumped full of pitocin and he popped out. LMAO! Okay, not really, but he was by far my easiest, least painful delivery. I had no real pain until they broke my water, and he was born within an hour of when that happened.

Good luck... happy pushing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I felt sharp twinges of vaginal pain while I dilated. I refused internals while at the hospital, and labored almost 100% at home with all 3.

I know it's a pain in the ass, but up to 42 weeks is a normal gestation period. Technically you're not overdue until you pass 42 weeks... My eldest was born in my 42nd week, and I was ready to reach in and pull her out myself!!

Just try to stay relaxed, and labor will happen more quickly.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:29 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Good luck to you, I'm so excited for you !!! Take it easy, stay relaxed and the less you think of possible complications, the better !!!
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Eh I'm not worried about any complications. This is my third pregnancy and all three have been effortless. The only reason I was in labor for 12 hours with my son was because he got stuck. Ha! Otherwise they were easy labor/deliveries. I'm just impatient and ready for this kid to come out already. I know it'll happen when it happens and if not next week I'll be induced, but again I'm just impatient.

I was more curious then anything about what others experienced and what their doctors told them it meant. I'm sure that everything is working how it's supposed to, I'm just knit picking is all. Haha
    JazzlikeMraz

Comment by JazzlikeMraz (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011