Jumping back into dating? anyone else take their time inbetween relationships? adult content

i left SO (childs father) last October 1st, i have not dated at all, not looking to at this time, do not feel like it. i would like a descent realtionship in the future, just do not feel like it
maybe i am still getting over last one with all the lies
maybe still have to heal
maybe just too busy as single mom of little one

should i be looking, lol
seems like many women on here asking advice on relationships when they have jsut left or even overlapping relationships

am i the only one that ended a relationship and does not feel the urge to jump into another one. (I do feel that I would like to have a descent man in my life, but not looking at all. if a descetn one came along, he might have to knock me over my head with a club and drag me back to his cave before i would notice him)

how long before you look for another mate? past experiences you have had ?
funny stories, sad stories? happy ending stories?

what do you have for me and others in my same boat

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Relationships

• After I left my ex I planned on taking a long time off of dating. I seriously wasn't looking when I met my now husband. I met him 5 months after I officially separated from my ex, but I had been planning on leaving for almost 6 months before that. We were friends and it just grew into more. I had 3 kids, one of whom is special needs and I really didn't think there would be a guy interested in all that who didn't come with huge issues/baggage of his own. My husband has never been married, never had kids, and he is wonderful! My advice - don't look! The harder you look, the more time it will take.

Answer by missanc at 11:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I never really looked lol. I would meet guys here and there, through friends, or whatever. I actually already knew my current husband when I became single last time. I just tried to enjoy my freedom, and believe me I enjoyed it. I loved not having to answer to anyone but myself and my children. I could watch whatever I wanted on TV. I could go where I wanted. Just take your time, enjoy the alone time. I learned alot about myself in that time and I think am a better person for it. The right guy will show up when you are ready, and some times when you arent lol. My husband was ready to go to the next level of our friendship and I wasnt and ran from it. Of course I ended up with him later, but I sure took my time.

Answer by gemgem at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i think IF the right one comes along
    he will really have to want to "have me" (or whatever the word is)
    maybe he will have to write it in the sky (hopefully not the snow-lol)
    because i too will just not notice because not looking
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I have been married to my DH for over 12 years, and together for almost 16...if we were to split up, I absolutely do NOT see myself rushing into another relationship. It would be a major life-changing event no matter what the circumstances were, and I would want to take lots of time to get myself and my new life on my own together and situated before rushing into another relationship. I tend to think people who do that are just needy and can't stand to be alone. I would want to make sure I was emotionally recovered and healthy before taking a chance with a new love.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 12:41 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would suggest to live your life. You need to be happy before you can be happy in a relationship. That said, if you're happy, give it a try. if you enjoy it, great. if not, wait some more. Just keep you options open. sometimes doing something fun without the prospect of dating in mind, may lead you to meet someone with a similar interest.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 1:09 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There is no need to rush into another relationship or even look. You are probably still getting over your ex. There is nothing wrong with taking your time for yourself. If I were to break up with my SO, I would defenetly wait at least a year, my kids are young and need all my attention. I don't even know how I would have time to date.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• take care of your kids first, they are the most important people that are dependent on you. After they graduate from HS and gone on their way to either college or elsewhere, then think of finding a relation. Your never too old to having a new found life. by then you may have found what you are looking for.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 6:45 PM on Feb. 8, 2011