My whites are getting dingy

what can I use to get the dingy look out of my whites? for some reason "add vinegar to the wash" is feeling like a good idea.

pioneergirl10

Asked by pioneergirl10 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Home & Garden

• It won't hurt to add Vinegar to the wash. You also might double check your water lines, are the plastic or metal - if they are metal they might be corroded a bit. Also try borax or bluing to brighten them (usually on the very bottom or very top row of the laundry additives).
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Add vinegar, but you also must make sure that you are putting ONLY white things in with your whites. Not off-whites, not socks with colored stripes or soles, or panties with colored prints...It has to be only white or over time you will get the dinginess. Peroxide also does wonders to whiten whites. Whether you go with vinegar or peroxide choose at least warm water and do a pre-soak and an extra rinse.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:27 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I've tried vinegar, but I really like borax much better. It works great for getting clothes cleaner and whites whiter.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011