I'm 26 weeks, at what appointment do they start doing the vaginal exams?

I can't remember with my first when they started doing the vaginal exams at every appointment. Is it 28 weeks? I just want to be prepared down there. Thanks.

moviemom22

Asked by moviemom22 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mine never started until the last 4 weeks of pregnancy. I think its when you start going once a week.

Answer by gemgem at 11:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• With my pregnancies, I didn't get checked until about 38 weeks. No need to risk infection. Unless of course there was a problem and they thought you were in labor, etc.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• wasn't untill I was 39 weeks.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:37 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• my Dr said he would check me at 34 weeks and that was earlier than he usually does it, but I am going out of town and he wants to make sure its safe for me to go.
    momof3ttc

Answer by momof3ttc at 11:38 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Never, if you don't let them. Your cervix is *constantly* changing, and there is nothing of significance to be learned from having foreign objects inserted into your vagina. In fact, the only thing that is likely to happen is unnecessary contamination and infection.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i never got checked my ob saw no need to risk infection he checked me once i was in labor that was it. but i think most dont start checking till about 38 weeks and on.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 8, 2011