I want to add a vibrant/bright color to my hair, but I have to keep it professional for the office. Help?

I typically wear my hair in a bun at work so if I added colored streaks or something, it wouldn't be as noticable when I'm at work. :)

I work in the healthcare industry as a Patient Services Coordinator.

I also have very long hair and am thinking of trying to update the style.

My hair is currently a very dark brown and goes down to my lower back in length.

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i have dark brown hair as well, get blond highlights with some red or copper highlights as well. that would be cute
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 10, 2011

• you should get layers done and maybe a trim.... side bangs are in.. I don't know ur face structure so I couldn't say a good hair style tho... I have dark hair with blonde streaks underneath... I love it
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You can have natural-looking highlights, that enhance your natural colour and brighten your face.
    If you try two shades lighter than your natural colour, it will be a nice, pleasant change - not too much.

Long Hair is Pretty !!! Don't cut it !
    lillyblue111

Answer by lillyblue111 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• A lot of my clients get a few brightly colored fusion hair extensions added as highlites. They don't process the hair, or damage it, they don't fade and they fall out over time. They are easily hidden and easily brought back out to shine! Not too expensive seeing as you aren't getting a full head of them. They are very popular and come in several different colors. I prefer purples and magentas for dark hair.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Yes, they will hold in your hair. You don't need to remove them. If your hair is pulled back they simply tuck away. They last about 3 to 4 mos. I use a ton of blue and a little green as well. The way they are installed you shouldn't have a problem with coverage.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I agree with lilyblue111 long hair is pretty don't cut it, I think maybe just some natural hightlights around your face were they will show would be nice.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I want a bright color.... like blue, green, orange, lol.... I have blonde streaks. Tired of them. And I have long bangs, but I want to keep them.
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:41 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Musicmom80... is that something I might could even remove for work? I have VERY thin fine hair. Would they hold in my hair?
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2011