Leg compression stockings after c section....

Has anyone been allowed to turn them down?? I will be asking my Dr about this when I go in next month to schedule my c section, YES I know what they are for, but I do not want them. period end of story. if there is some kind of form I have to sign then so be it. But Im just wondering if anyone has successfully turned them down??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Pregnancy

• you don't have to have anything that you don't want. They can't force you
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:32 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Stockings?

I had a c section, and don't know what you're talking about. Are you talking about those things they put on your legs while surgery? They fill up with air then decompress?
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• after my last c section they made me wear them for 12+ hours and they were horrible! every time the nurse left the room a ripped them off and when she came back in she told me I had to leave them on and get mad. they blow up so tight it felt like my feet were gonna fall off! I got no sleep whatsoever that first night!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• They do it to prevent clogs of blood that can kill you, I like them it was like someone massaging my legs constantly, but if you do not want them tell them so.......or talk to the doctor about it.

Answer by older at 11:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had them for the first day with my first c-section, but not at all with my second c-section....in fact I was up and sitting and walking within about 5 hours of having her.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 8, 2011