Help with test date

I don't want to be wasting tests, but I also want to know ASAP because I am just so excited.

My cycles are pretty normal and I expect my next period on 2/18. My last started on 1/21

I know that the standard answer is to test on 2/18 for 99% accurate results.

If I get a pregnancy test that says it can show results a week early, then I could test on 2/13 right?

Would there by any chance of getting a positive earlier than that? I realize if I test earlier than that I might get a "false negative" but is there a chance it would tell me positive?

Thanks!

angelm523

Asked by angelm523 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• There is a chance you could get a positive but it is best to wait. It's hard to wait when you really want to know, I know.
    Proud_Mommy05

Answer by Proud_Mommy05 at 11:45 AM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would wait until at least the 18th if not the 19th or 20th. Good luck!
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 12:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It depends on when implantation occurs. It usually happens 6-10 days after ovulation, and an early response pregnancy test will pick it up about 2-3 days after that, I think. So if you're pregnant, and if implantation happens early, you might be able to get a positive (with an early response test) as soon as 2/12 or 2/13 IF you ovulated 15 days before your period is supposed to start (which is the assumption most people make unless you know differently). If you ovulated any later, or if implantation doesn't happen until the 13th, you're obviously not going to get a positive that soon.

So yes, there's a slight chance you could get a positive that soon. It just depends on how lucky you feel and how much money you're willing to spend. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011