Do you lean toward lighter lunches?

We usually have a cold lunch... like today, my 3 year old is having raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, and a few slices of cheese. When my one year old wakes up, she'll probably have some cheese and cooked veggies (not enough teeth for raw!) I'm just grazing my lunch :) I rarely make a full "meal" for lunch, really preferring something light. Unless we have dinner leftovers, I guess. Sometimes we just have meat, cheese, and a fruit.
What do you usually do for you and your kids- A big hot lunch or a light lunch? Do you think either is fine?

sfwilson

Asked by sfwilson at 12:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It depends on what we've had for breakfast. Usually one of the meals is a light meal. If we have a more hearty breakfast then I won't go all out for lunch. If we have something simple like cereal for breakfast, then I'll do more for lunch.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 12:13 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• when my kids were little we usually had sanwiches and fruit or soup and crackers but now they are all gone during the day and so I have leftovers from the night before
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 12:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• For now, I don't eat lunch and neither does DH. We are still full from our cereal from breakfast. The kids usually have another bowl of cereal or a sandwich for lunch on the weekends. They have hot lunch at school. When they were toddlers, I usually fed them cheese, crackers, and fruit or veggies.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 12:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Lunch for me is usualy a low carb tortilla with lots of veggies and grilled chicken, ground turkey or shrimp.....or a salad with one of those lean proteins. About an hour and a half later I have a light yogurt for a snack.

My son is in school, so lunch is usually packed by me, a sandwich on whole grain bread, carrot sticks, a banana or strawberries and then some crackers and water. When home it's typically the same as he's a picky eater and a creature of habit.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• it really depends on the day but its always very light. some days its a salad or sandwich and others it's a protein shake and a thick fruit smoothie
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 12:35 PM on Feb. 8, 2011