How to get longer hair ? Extensions or Natural ?

My hair is really fine. It was much longer, but frequent shampooing and very hot water have made it really fragile.

I've been thinking of hair extensions, but perhaps natural long hair would be better.
I got vitamin supplements, but I don't see them work.

What do you think I should do ?

lillyblue111

Asked by lillyblue111 at 12:08 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I personally have gone to extensions. But you need to go to someone who knows what they are doing. If done properly it can actually help the growth and make you be a little more patient while you wait. I personally wear them just fine, and couldn't be happier with them.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:10 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You know what worked for me? My prenatal vitamins, LOL. seriously. My hair and nails grow like crazy. I still take them daily because I'm breast feeding. I bite my nails and they seem to be getting thicker and they keep growing longer..weird.And my hair has be en growing likea weed, its about half past my butt now. I need a haircut,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• take the vitamins, don't wash your hair every day, don't brush/com your hair too often. If you're going to brush your hair, do it with conditioner in it wile taking a shower to get the tangles out. You can wear extentions while your hair is growing. Don't blow dry it often, & use leave in conditioners during the day.

To get our hair long & healthy, you have to keep it from breaking & damaging. The best way to do that, is to make sure it's always moisturized. Dry hair breaks easier. Our hair also breaks when we use hair ties. It's best to use a clip, or some kind of pin to keep your hair up rather than a hair tie, those really damage your hair.

Keep it super healthy, don't put much heat to it. Hot water is not so bad, just use good conditioner.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• You have to cut off the damaged hair in order to have healthy growth.
    Proverbs_31

Answer by Proverbs_31 at 12:15 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Have you tried taking prenatal vitamins, those always made my hair and nails grow so well. Also, turn down the temp on the water when you are washing your hair and try some Tail & Mane shampoo to help strengthen it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:25 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I had a hairdresser chop off my hair a lot more than I expected her to. Like 5 inches and it looked like crap , so I put snap on extensions for awhile. My hair grew back one and half years later and my hair is actually thicker and stronger because I would wear extensions. Gl.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thank you girls ! WOnderful ideas from ALL of you !!! Any Ideas on the $$$ cost of extensions ?
    lillyblue111

Comment by lillyblue111 (original poster) at 2:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• If you can afford extentions go for it, but go to a professional and get them added to your ends, dont have them glued to the scalp this is cheaper but also not worth it.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:44 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• some vitamins make your hair thicker but does nothing for growth
    bobbys4eva

Answer by bobbys4eva at 9:58 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i always heard when u have wet hair use a comb and start at the ends not the top of your head, don't blow dry and never put your hair up when its wet cause it breaks your hair. when you have dry hair dont tie it to tight it breaks the hair too. so i have been told.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 2:14 PM on Feb. 10, 2011