Smh some people have there kids spolied rotten

how would you have handled this?

so im in the grocery store this morning getting my daughter a lunch-able for her field trip and there's a girl with her mom her mom tells her to get some water or a juice the girl picks up a soda and her mom tells her no its to late and so she go and gets one of those Starbucks drinks in a jar,&she picks up some gum her mom said"NO gum and to go get a juice no starbucks drink" she says:momma i really want it and her mom kept saying "no" and the little girls threw the Starbucks drink YES she threw it and it busted everywhere after that she threw her self on the ground and started hollering from the top of her lungs and she says if you don't buy it for me mommy im gonna tell my daddy on you,&im gonna call the police i could not believe her mom said"Ok im sorry get whatever you want"

how would you have handled this?

i rember one time my daughter told me in the parking lot that she was gonna call the police on me and i told her"GO ahead &i bet i wont come get you,&then i told her she better hope her daddy loves her enough to come pick her up,she never said that again.

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 12:16 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Wow..sounds like that was a crazy scene! Maybe theres something going on beneath the surface. Sounds like the mom was trying to be firm by consistantly telling her no at first...
    idk..thats crazy.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:19 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• WOW IDK my kids have never done this but they are too young. I definitely would not allow that kind of behavior. She is supposed to be the parent not the other way around. My kids will not be spoilt little brats.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:23 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Honestly, this sounds like a kid who really needs to find out what a spanking is. There's no way my kids would have ever pulled crap like that.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Nothing like that has ever happened to me. My kids never even had a temper tantrum. I have no idea how I would have handled it. I probably would have grabbed the kid and left without buying anything. I would have gone home and cried! It took a long time to create that monster.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• she wouldve been spanked & embarassed in front of the entire store, and i wouldve left promptly without buying anything. im so glad i have 3 well-behaved daughters.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I would have left right then and there. she would have been sent to her room when we got home and some sort of following punishment. I would not put up with it.
    Lydiiiiaaa

Answer by Lydiiiiaaa at 12:27 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Closest i've ever come to a situation like that was when my then 3-year old sat down in the middle of the aisle of the grocery store and said he was NOT moving unless I bought him a package of cookies. Having no time to argue with him (I had cold groceries in the cart and an hour long drive home), I put the cookies he had in his hand BACK on the shelf, grabbed him by the arm and dragged him up the aisle while he was still sitting down. I did give him to the count of 3 to get up before I did that, but he thought I wouldn't do it. Sure people looked at me like I was abusing him but I think its more abuse if you let your kid have everything they want cos when they get out in the real world on their own its usually a huge disappointment to those kids that they don't get everything they want. I teach mine that whining with NEVER get them what they want and I do wish other people would too.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Ooooh, I would have told mine not to bother herself calling the police, that I'd drop her off there on the way home for stealing (by breaking the Starbucks bottle and not being able to pay) and for disrespecting her mother and everyone else in the store just then.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:30 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• She would have gotten a crack on the butt and we would have left the store without anything.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I first off wouldn't be so judgemental. The child may have behavioral issues, and that mom could be struggling all the time. Sometimes kids do things not realizing the calibur of what they do until it's done, hence the glass breaking. We all have different challenges with our children and I wouldn't want someone reading too much into my struggles.
    Second, my kids have thrown temper tantrums, I removed them from the situation, and they lose their computer and DS priveleges for the day. It works just fine.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:37 PM on Feb. 8, 2011