Are we getting another stimulus check?

I heard we might be getting another check. If so when will it come?

jharve

Asked by jharve at 2:22 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• yes the same time as last years!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Last I read - no  http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE49K5ZZ20081021

My understanding was the problem with the first stimulus package was.. it didn't stimulate the economy.  People didn't go out and blow it shopping (which would boost the economy) they did crazy things like pay their backed up mortgage.   So they don't believe a second stimulus would do any better.  We might do something stupid like pay our bills.  ;)

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 3:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• LOL. I heard IF it happens it willl be combined with our regular tax refund. They haven't voted on it yet. I don't think they should do it BUT if they do I will use it for bills! Not what they want us to do anyway!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• stimulus checks, oh my, the poor postal carriers. if only i could tell you the horrible stories of our customers literally accosting mailcarriers "not" bringing their stimulus checks on time. i can only imagine how my old co-workers will be confronted for more "checks in the mail" this next time. and to think, people are starting their anxious wait today. sheesh.
    JumpingHoops

Answer by JumpingHoops at 9:50 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Gosh, Obama isn't even in office and Americans are already looking for a handout. Didn't take long to indoctrinate y'all to socialism, did it?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It's sad to think some people are actually preparing/counting/thinking about stimulus checks. I hope you are asking and not counting on it...
    TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF... Don't wait for the Gov't.

Plus, last I heard stimulus checks were going to state and cities for civil mgt projects and NOT to citizens...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• It is one of the options they are tossing around. The others are a principle reduction on certain home loans, increased child tax deduction, extensions on mortgage terms to lower payments, mandatory FHA buyouts. I would prefer to see Obama issue an executive order similar to FDR's that creates wor groups and begin to develop wind, water, nuclear energy and limited drilling offshore.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 10:33 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• obama said that he would like to see an emergency check hit before the holidays and another after he is in office. Check out sean hannity radio for more info.
    We should all just realign our budgets so we are living within our means. These checks from the gov't are gonna cost us far more in the long run. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:54 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Doesn't matter what Obama wants prior to Jan 20th. and he has officially removed himself from talks. Hannity doesn't seem to be all that reliable on the subject, as in the past.

Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i heard obama was trying to have the stimulus checks stopped after he got in so if it passes he was going to take it away. it might hurt in the long run but frankly i think with obama in it's going to hurt for at least 4 yrs so i would like to get my stimulus payment to help me boost my paid bills cause the worst is yet to come so i would like to get a least something from the government cause i doubt i will ever get anything else from them.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:26 AM on Nov. 17, 2008