13lb baby and blaming the mom

so i just red a post on another website stating that the women who had the 13lb baby must be to blame for having such a large baby? Ok really? first off in her interviews with the news she had no GD she ate healthy and she didnt gain a ton of weight. How can people blame the mother for the size of her baby? I mean some babies are just big and some are little and we as moms dont have much controlle over how big or small our babies will be. If we did id dont something to make sure my kids where alittle bigger as they were tiny babies and i eat healthy never have any complications and always gain the recommend amount of weight. What is wrong with society these days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:24 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why do people even care?! The baby is healthy. The mom is fine and healthy, and even if it had tore her through...it's no one else's burden. People are stupid. Anyway, the bigger my babies were, the easier the pushing got!
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 12:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• My eldest son, because I switched medical insurance companies (including doctors) screwed up my due date.. I wasa month and a half over due, did stress testing twice a week, and the day before I was going to be induced, he came... and he was 9lbs 9oz
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Wow, people can be so rude & insensitive. I guess this is mostly about ignorance, because people are so baffled that she had a 13lb baby and now they have to find a logical explanation, when in reality sometimes this thing happens & there is no explanation for it.

My middle child was a 10 pound baby, I didnt have GD and I ate healthy as well. I did gain 60 pounds, but I also gained that much with my first who was born weighing 6 pounds. Nobody in either of our families has a history of a baby weighing over 9 pounds. And I was asked by every doctor/nurse/pediatrician for months (and still now when asked her birthweight) if I had GD during that pregnancy. My 3rd was born 13 months later and weighed 8 pounds. It just happens sometimes & you cant explain it
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:34 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• People are ignorant.
    spamica

Answer by spamica at 1:01 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• thats wrong the mom cant be blamed like you said we cant decide the size of our babys
    mommyof0210

Answer by mommyof0210 at 1:12 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• I tried my best to eat as healthy has my nausea would allow! LOL I had a 10lbs baby and he was perfectly healthy. Who cares the size of the baby. As long as the baby is healthy then what does it matter that he/she was a big baby?!? People now a days are rude and ignorant.
    Granolamama3795

Answer by Granolamama3795 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• That is just rude.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 5:11 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Society just needs to learn that not all babies will be 6-7lbs when they are born. I knew a mom who was really petite, it think she was 5ft 1in. When she had her baby, he was 9lbs. But maybe that was because dad was 6ft 5in. Some people just don't think before saying something.
    momma2grlz

Answer by momma2grlz at 7:56 PM on Feb. 8, 2011