Phlebotomy Class and Breast Feeding??

Hello all!
I am going for my RN and wanted to take a Phlebotomy class at LCC. I was wondering if it would be wise to take it if I am still BF my toddler? She is 2 now and eats normal foods but I still BF pretty much whenever. I plan to let her ween herself. Anyway should I wait on the class until she weens or does it matter now since she is older?

Thanks!!

jacquiey9285

Asked by jacquiey9285 at 12:36 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in Health

• I took that class and never heard a thing about not doing it if you were breastfeeding. I never had more than two vials of blood drawn a night, ever. My son was 2 weeks when I started the class.
    JessicaRee

Answer by JessicaRee at 12:49 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• How long is the class? It's not like you'll be gone all day everyday, right?
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 12:39 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• will eventually get drawn from you
    ***
    You'll replace that in about 24 hours. If you're in college, I would just wean that baby and get it over with.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 12:48 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• No. The class is only about 2 hrs a couple of days per week. But I guess I didn't word the question well... Sorry :( But what I am wondering is, I know if you are BF an infant that it is not recommended for you to take the class due to the amount of blood that will eventually get drawn from you. I was wondering if it was the same with Nursing Toddlers... If its not recommend...
    jacquiey9285

Comment by jacquiey9285 (original poster) at 12:43 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I am going to let my daughter wean herself as I stated before. My going to school is not impacting her BF at all. JesssicaRee~ Thanks so much! I will be taking the class this summer than :)
    Again Thanks everyone!! <3 <3
    jacquiey9285

Comment by jacquiey9285 (original poster) at 12:52 PM on Feb. 8, 2011