Does anyone know where I can get a pattern to make a replacement car seat cover for my graco safe seat

I am wanting to make my own replacement car seat and canopy cover cover for my infant car seat and I was needing a pattern for it so I wondering if anyone else that might have made one could help me out.

mprussell06

Asked by mprussell06 at 3:00 AM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• May I kindly suggest you not make your own cover? The one that came with your seat was crash tested with it, and another may not be safe. Perhaps you could call the car seat company and ask them if they sell covers in a color you like.:)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I'm with you on making a seat cover!! Except I want to make one for a double stroller.

I would leave your car seat cover as is (unless you don't have one), for the same reasons the person above posted.

If you have on, take it off, and try to use it as a guide.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I have car seat that is blue and I have a daughter so I was wanting it to look more girls. The cover I am looking for is simply a piece of material that goes over the exsisting one. I don't think it should change the saftey of the seat you don't take the old one off you just cover it up.??
    mprussell06

Answer by mprussell06 at 2:50 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• As long as the new cover is the same size, and the manufactured padding stays in place on the frame of the car seat and it is an identical replica. It will be perfectly safe to replace the cover. The one issue about the car seat is the age. It has been a while since I've had infants of my own, but I do recall there being a safe age for car seats and it was recomended that hand-me-down car seats be used with great caution and only if you personally know the age of the seat for safety purposes. That having been said, you can use a seam ripper and take the existing cover apart carefully and use the pieces as pattern pieces. In this day of digital cameras, I would take step-by-step photos as you go so that how to put it back together is not forgotten.
    GMOTM

Answer by GMOTM at 4:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2008

• Thanks for the idea necer really thought about it!  The car seat is less than a yr. old  just bought it with my 11 mo. old son then we ended up pregnant again. It has a a pink cover on it now that someonw made but was wanting somethhing different.  Thanks again for the idea.

mprussell06

Answer by mprussell06 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008