What is your experience with Mommy and Me?

I am not sure if I want to go. What has your experience been, good, bad and truthful please.

The one in my area is only $20 to go once a week for 8 weeks, so I am not worried about the money.

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 8, 2011 in General Parenting

• Is it a class?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:17 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• It's like a music movement mommy/baby class. I really just want to meet other moms that have some things in common with me.
    lmt_mom2010

Comment by lmt_mom2010 (original poster) at 1:20 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• There are different organizations offering Mommy and Me classes. Part of the experience will depend on who is offering the class, how your little one takes to the content and who else is enrolling (thereby contributing to the class environment.) I did Mommy and Me classes when my kids were younger. My DS and I did an infant Mommy-and-Me swim class when he was 9 months old. As a toddler we did story time at the library and Gymboree programs. My DD and I got to Gymboree and a similar program at a local kids gym when she was a toddler. It was a good experience. We did meet other mom's and kids although the only two I'm really still friends with happen to be a neighbor I didn't *know* before we were in class together and a family that ended up in my son's Cub Scout den years later. ;) Overall, it was a great experience for both me and the kids - if nothing else, it was a good way to interact with the kids outside our norm.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:26 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• Are you social? You may enjoy it. I found after attending one with my now 2 year old that I am just not as social as I thought. I didn't really "like" the other moms and their cliques. Too much competition. But that was all me as I am sure they were all very nice women outside of class.
    ldmrmom has the gist of it down.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 1:33 PM on Feb. 8, 2011

• i went to a program with my youngest daughter for 2 years and honestly i wish i would have done the same with my older 2 kids..It taught us both so much.The one i attended was in a community center and the other moms were welcoming and open..Half the time it was mommy and child time and the other half was seperate..It helped her be independant from me and gave me a time to vent with the other moms..I hope you try it and enjoy it as much as i did.
    mimismom09

Answer by mimismom09 at 1:50 PM on Feb. 8, 2011